Thursday, 6 July 2017

A Bit of a Pen and Ink

The awful week continues, no flying ant days here in the north east, maybe see a few swimming if I'd bothered to venture out.
At least I've been able to get a bit of work done over the last fortnight. One of the downsides of working from home and being a dragonfly enthusiast is that when the sun shines I can't concentrate as I want to be out there seeking out dragons, and if I am out there seeking out dragons but not finding anything I'm cursing because I should have been at home working while there's nowt about.

This week no such problems as (unlike for our soft southern friends) it's been pissing down.

I even finally got around to doing an experimental ink and watercolour wash of a Banded Demoiselle from one of my photographic encounters when the Sun was shining :

Banded Demoiselle (male)
portrait in ink and watercolour wash 

Not a medium I use much but one I've been looking in to and following a few on-line tutorials, and as a first attempt I'm quite pleased with, though realise I've omitted the distinctive black hairs on the legs, but that's easily remedied.
Might get out for a while tomorrow if I'm lucky so may have a proper report soon, thanks for indulging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment